Thursday, July 18, 2013

A fun way to practice greetings and a freebie

Hey everyone!  I've been revamping some of my old lessons lately and remembered this post by Cherice Montgomery to FLTeach that I found a while ago.  She gives some great ideas for practicing greetings.  I loved the Hear/Say idea, so I made the example she posted into a card, as well as a different conversation.  I am excited to use this with my students.  I really like that it's a speaking activity, but it's scripted so they will (hopefully) feel more comfortable with speaking at the beginning of the year.
Click the picture above to download the cards.
How do you practice greetings with your students?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see these cards!! (The link is not functioning!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! It's working now.

      Delete
  3. I loved your cards! specially because they are not just about reading them. They make kids think about a logical sequence so that they can choose the best option!

    ReplyDelete