Monday, July 8, 2013

My first Monday Made It

Good afternoon everyone!  I am so excited to link up to my first Monday Made It!
I have been busy over the summer and I'm excited to share.  Since I teach Spanish, I feel that it is important to immerse my students in the vocabulary and culture as much possible in the 52 minutes they are with me.  I loved the idea of a word wall, but I'm in a tiny portable, and I wanted something image-based.  That's where my vocabulary posters come in.  The pictures are a little blurry because of the lamination, but I hope you can see them well enough.

 The first set is Chapter 2 (we use ¡Exprésate!) and it's two separate posters.
This set is Chapter 3 and it's actually four posters, but I  seem to have misplaced the little  "Me gusta..." card...)
So far, I have only made them for chapters 2 and 3 of Spanish 1, but I hope to have all of Spanish 1 finished by the time school starts back.  I haven't decided yet if I want to have the posters hanging up all year, or if I want to post them as we start each chapter.  Any thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel. I love the idea of using visual vocabulary posters. The pictures will definitely help the students remember the vocabulary. I would probably put the posters up at the beginning of the unit and then take them down after another unit or so. It would probably become over-stimulating to have all of the posters up at one time. Good luck!
    The Traveling Teacher
    http://thetravelingthirdgradeteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea, especially considering my lack of wall space. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Rachel! I love your blog and the use of visual vocabulary! I taught 9th grade the last few months of last school year, and this school year, I will be teaching 7th grade. I have made my vocab for my word wall as well, and there are A LOT of words. I plan on putting them up on a unit by unit basis.

    -Jessie
    Lil Bit Country In the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessie! That sounds like a good plan.
      Rachel

      Delete
  3. Loving this! I nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    Check it out at my blog!
    Heart Mrs. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Rachel!
    So, I found you at the linky party and wanted to let you in on some cool news: I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! I love your blog and even though I teach Kindergarten, I still like seeing your ideas! Plus, I love the tie dye theme you've got going on! Head over to my blog The Polka Dotted Chirp: A Kindergarten Blog and read the directions for how to follow through with the nomiation! Congrats Chica!
    ~Natalie
    www.thepolkadottedchirp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel,

    Nice blog... I just found out that I am leaving first grade & moving to a Spanish enrichment position (K-5). I will be visiting often for some tips.

    Smiles, Elena
    http://teachingandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elena,
      Elementary Spanish can be so exciting! Let me know if I can help!
      Rachel

      Delete