Thursday, July 4, 2013

How I organize my students' hall passes and a Freebie

Today I want to share a quick tip for organizing the hall passes my students bring to class.  It's a simple method: I have a "dropbox" where my students automatically drop their hall passes (and clinic notes).


I love this strategy because once they know the routine, they are able to turn in their passes without interrupting the flow of the lesson.  I usually take a minute at the end of class or during the passing period to sort their passes and store the ones I need to keep.  I used to use a little metal bin I had, but I saw this little bin at the dollar tree and it matches my classroom color scheme, so of course I had to purchase it :)  It's the perfect size for our passes at 6"x4".

And now for the freebie:  Here you can download your own set!  It has 4 different patterns and fonts.
If you like it, please leave a comment letting me know.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment