Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It - Classroom Decor Edition

Good morning everyone!  I am really excited to link up again with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for another Monday Made It!
This week I wanted to share some of the things I have made to decorate my classroom.

I am in love with this banner I made for over my desk!  I was inspired by Maria Menore at Kinder-Craze and Leslie at Kindergarten Works.  I love how bright it is, and it really cheers up my little corner of the room.

My second Made-It is my spruced-up bookshelf.  There are so many of these out in the blogosphere, and I just had to try my hand at it.  I used this wrapping paper from Target.  I love how it goes so well with my colors!  I may have to find a different way to hold my dictionaries so that the back of the shelf is visible.
Number three are my little curtains.  I've had this fabric from Hobby Lobby for a while, and I finally got around to making the curtains.  I love how such a little thing can make my room look so much homier.  And I promise they're not really crooked, just my picture-taking skills :)
This calendar had been in the works for a while, and I finally finished it this past week.  I used a pocket chart from the Target dollar spot (it's from last year, I think) to hold the cards, and a pencil-sized drawer organizer from Walmart to hold the extra cards.  I am so happy with how this turned out!  I plan on having the date already set for the first week, and then having a volunteer do it in each class every day.
So I know these aren't decor, but I'm so excited to use these "clocksicles" when we do our lesson on time.  I laminated them so that they were dry-erasable and hot-glued the faces on large popsicle sticks.  I go the idea from Denise at Second Grade Ponderings.  She has a link at the bottom of her post to download these, but I couldn't get it to work, so I made my own in Silhouette Studio in 4 of my classroom colors (which are the same as my blog colors - can you say obsessed?) and had my Silhouette SD cut them out for me after I laminated them.  I also used my Silhouette for the name banner and the calendar.  

The last thing I want to share is a bought-it, but I love how well it matches my colors!
This is the $3.99 wall clock from Walmart.  I bought it intending to switch out the face, but I was so happy to find it in this color, I think I'll just leave it alone (for now, at least...).  They also had this clock in black, white, lime green, and hot pink.

What is your favorite classroom item this year?

20 comments:

  1. I love everything! Is there any way you would be willing to share your template for your name banner, calendar cards and clock? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! Send me an email (baileyr2@gmail.com) and I'd be glad to send them to you!
      Rachel

      Delete
    2. Hi Rachel, I was wondering if you had a template for your calendar vocabulary cards and if so, would you be willing to share them? Thanks! -Meghan

      Delete
    3. I'd love a copy of all the templates as well! I love all your ideas!
      rocio.gonzalez@cobbk12.org
      Gracias!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    I teach possibly the furthest thing from HS Spanish, but I must say, I am enjoying your blog! Your classroom colors are a lot of fun and it looks like you are very passionate about what you teach!

    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved reading and looking at all of the elementary blogs out there, and thought I would try my hand at it :)
      Rachel

      Delete
  3. I love your name banner! I love the colors that you use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maestra V! I'm a little obsessed with these colors :)

      Delete
  4. Muy bien hecho! Hace unos anos que era maestra del espanol (hence the mixing up of tenses and such *hangsheadinshamefornotkeepingitallupbetter*). Ahora soy bibliotecera. Pero las cosas que hiciste son preciosas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Muchísimas gracias, Ms. O! Me gustaría ser bibliotecaria algún día :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Rachel, Could you send me the template for your calendar cards and clocks? I love them!
    karengillon@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachel!
    I absolutely love all of the pretty and functional things you make for your classroom; you are a true inspiration! Would you mind sending me the template you used for your calendar cards and clocks? They would be perfect for some of the upcoming units I'm going to be doing. Thanks! revier92@gmail.com

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, Rachel! Could you send me the template for the calendar cards? I would love to have that visual for my students for this coming year. Thanks!

    racheldeanna6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola eta Hermoso su trabajo , quisiera saber como hizo los días del calendario todo eso está muy bien , y si pudiera compartirlo con migo se lo agradecería mucho . Buen día y bendiciones

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Would you mind sharing your calendar cards with me? My email is expressgrrrl@gmail.com. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel,

    Your decorations are amazing! Would you be willing to share your calendar cards with me as well? My email address is rjohnson@noscihigh.org. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachel!!! I know this post was years ago, but I love your things! Do you have a template for the calendar cards? And / or your name banner? I would love a copy! thanks! My email is danielle.holsapple@eastlymeschools.org GRACIAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rachel,

    I love the calendar set up, do you mind sharing the template? escobariris23@gmail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. could you send me the template to your calendar and share where you purchased the actual cards themselves? email: aipock@grovecitychristian.org

    ReplyDelete