Wednesday, July 17, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday and My Second Liebster!

Good afternoon everyone!  First I'm linking up with Covered in Glitter and Glue for What I'm loving Wednesday.
1. I'm dog and house-sitting for my parents this week and I've been really enjoying playing with their dogs.  They have two Boston Terrier puppies and a Pug.  They are the sweetest! 

2. I'm also loving the view from their house.
3. I love my Silhouette sd!  It was my birthday present to myself two years ago and I've gotten so much use out of it, especially for my classroom.  When I'm allowed back in my classroom,  I'll take pictures of all of the stuff I've made with my Silhouette.

I'm also excited to share that I was nominated for another Liebster by Natalie at the The Polka Dotted Chirp.  Since I've already received one, I'll just answer the questions for this one.
Here are Natalie's questions for me:
1.) Where did you go to college? How was it?
I went to school at Miami University (in Oxford, Ohio, not Florida, haha!).  
It has a beautiful campus and I had some of the best professors there.  I also studied abroad in Cuernavaca, Mexico for a semester. 
I had the best time there and I was able to travel to Mexico City, Acapulco, Teotihuacán, and many other places during my time there.
2.) What is your favorite movie and why?
This is a tricky question.  My favorite cartoon is probably Despicable Me (1 or 2).  I just love the minions and Gru's voice.  My favorite non-cartoon movies are the Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, and Black Hawk Down.
3.) If you could go on a shopping spree, where would you go and why?
I would love a shopping spree to Anthropologie.  I just love their clothes, but they're way out of my budget.
4.) If you could visit anywhere in the United States, where would you go and why?
Does Puerto Rico count?  If not, Hawaii.  I love tropical places and have never been to either.
5.) Where do you teach and what makes it awesome?
I teach near Fort Hood in Texas.  I love teaching in a military community.  Every day brings a new challenge, and sometimes new students.  I also really love that most of my kids have lived in different places and have seen the world!
6.) Name two things that makes your job enjoyable and amazing.
The first thing would be the people I work with.  We have some of the best staff and students at my school and they are always challenging me to be better.  Another thing that makes my job awesome is since I teach Spanish 1 and 2, I get to teach some of the same kids two years in a row.  I love really developing those relationships, and it's awesome to see how much they grow over two years.
7.) Name two things that makes your job (at times) frustrating and difficult.
Since I do teach in a military community, a lot of my students have a parent deployed (I've even had students with both parents deployed).  It is so tough on them knowing they won't get to see their mom or dad for a while.  Another thing that is frustrating about my job is that I teach in a portable.  While it does have its advantages, it's really small and far from the bathroom.
8.) Do you have any pets? Tell me about them. If not, what pet would you have if you had to choose?
I have six sugar gliders (named Tater, Dixie, Beau, Lulu, Bobby John, and Clara Belle) and two hedgehogs (Spike and Sophie).  I also had a dog, but we had to put her down this past April.
9.) What is your favorite recipe?
This is a tie between Creamy Crockpot Spaghetti and baked okra.
I double the meat in this recipe.

I bake this until it's really crispy.
10.)If you weren't an amazing teacher, what job would you choose?
I would love to design animal habitats at zoos and nature preserves.
11.)Name one simple pleasure that you love in life (like fresh flowers or a big diet coke!)
There's nothing like snuggling with a dog to brighten my day.
12.)Bonus Question: What is your favorite thing to do during the summer?
I love making things for the upcoming school year and revamping the lessons I've taught.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel!
    I'm happy to be your second follower! Your blog is so cute! That croc pot spaghetti looks amazing!!
    -Marie
    Beach Lovin' Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! You should really try the recipe - It's so easy and you can make it pretty healthy if you want!
      Rachel

      Delete