Wednesday, July 3, 2013

¡Bienvenidos!

Welcome to my blog!  My name is Rachel and I'm a high school Spanish teacher.  I love to make things for my classroom and design engaging activities for my students.  I am going into my sixth year of teaching, all at the same school.  I teach in a military community and I love finding new ways to reach and engage my students every day.

I found an old "Meet the Teacher" Linky at The First Grade Parade, and I thought it would be a good way to introduce myself, so here we go...

the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?
A: If I weren't a teacher, I would like to work at a zoo, designing animal habitats.

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I love sewing and crafting in general, reading (I'll read just about anything; as a child, I would read dictionaries and medical encyclopedias when I was bored...), doing my nails, and playing with my pets:


Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: After watching Indiana Jones, I really wanted to be an archaeologist and even went to a dig for kids at the Hermitage in Nashville. After that, I wanted to be a doctor or a lawyer for a while, and finally settled on teaching and haven't looked back since.

Q: What are your guilty pleasures?
A: Thrift shopping for sure (who can turn down the crazy-amazing deals??), pinterest, watching random shows on Netflix (Battlestar Galactica, anyone?), and The Big Bang Theory.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!
A: I am irrationally afraid of sharks, to the point where I won't even go in lakes, because you never know. Also, spiders because eww.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?
A: We go to Panama City Beach every year as a family (all the aunts, uncles, cousins, etc) but I would love to visit Hawaii or Puerto Rico (one day!)

Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
A: I can't think of anything specific, but if I'm ever in a dilemma, my parents can always offer the perfect advice and talk me through things. They are lifesavers!

Q: What do you value most in others?
A: Respect is a huge deal to me. If there's no respect, it's really hard for me to get past that.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?
A: My ability to laugh and see the humor in most situations.

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?
A: I would really like to have one last conversation with my grandpa, who died unexpectedly a few years ago. I can honestly say he was one of the best people I've ever met and he always knew the right thing to say.


Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I love animals. I've owned gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, dogs, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders. I would love to have a bunny and/or a cat, but I'm allergic. I plan on having a teacup pig and a french bulldog one day.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel,

    Welcome to blogging! You're going to love it! Your blog is very cute. I'm following you on Bloglovin!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rachel! Cute blog and thank you for visiting mine! I'm totally jealous of your hedgies!! If you ever need a hedgie babysitter, I'm in Georgia! ;) Lol

    Amber
    Creative Ideas for the Upper Elementary Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber. The hedgies are stinkers :)

      Delete
  3. I am glad I found your blog! It combines three of my favorite things....teaching, Spanish, and hedgehogs! Hedgehogs make great pets don't they? :)

    ReplyDelete