Saturday, July 20, 2013

Optimum Organization - How I organize my digital files and unit plans

Good afternoon everyone!  I'm linking up today with Fun in Room 4B and  Ladybug's Teacher Files for their Optimum Organization Linky.
I'm excited to share how I organize all of my digital files into my unit plans.  I found this post on the Creative Language Classroom's blog (check them out if you haven't already) a while back and I loved the idea (you can download their lesson planning template by clicking the link to their store at the end of their post).  I adapted their categories for my own classroom and ended up with this:
I love the way the standards are phrased in a more accessible way for students, and that it gives a concrete way to organize all of my resources.

The way I've been planning lately is by putting the plan into PowerPoint, typing in all of the resources I have, and then pasting them into the PowerPoint.  If it's something that's multiple pages long, I will add a link to the file in my PowerPoint so that when I access the file at school, it has all of the files I need for that unit attached to the PowerPoint (this does make for a really large file, though).

Here's part of my plan for greetings:
I love that I'm able to include all of the pictures I've found via pinterest, youtube videos, powerpoints, etc in one spot.  I usually print out each unit plan at school and put it into my lesson binder so everything is at my fingertips.  

How do you organize all of your digital resources?

5 comments:

  1. Love This! Smart. Thanks for the great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayhawk! It definitely helps me keep track of all my digital resources!
      Rachel

      Delete
  2. Such a great idea! How long did it take you to put this all together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It takes me an hour or two per topic, depending on the amount of resources I have for each. It's a time investment up-front, but it's really easy to update when I find a new activity, and it helps so much when planning. I have so many resources, it's easy to forget some when I plan my lessons, so this really helps me keep everything straight.
      Rachel

      Delete
  3. It's really important to keep things organized, especially the files – digital or otherwise. It's to keep track of records and make it easy for you to find them. It would be a pain if you fret on finding one when you need it.

    #Ruby@WilliamsDataManagement.com

    ReplyDelete